The cobra breath is a tantric breathing exercise. In essence, it is an energy-building breath. One uses breath to move kundalini energy up from the root chakra, at the base of the spine, to the crown chakra which lies at the crown of the head.The particular form cobra breath outlined below is used to expand consciousness, and it can lead to states of bliss and joy. Moving kundalini energy through the body is also rejuvenating for organs and aiding cellular processes. Follow the steps below to experience the cobra breath.
1. Sit on the edge of a chair, with the edge your buttocks resting on the seat. You may put your hands on your knees if desired.You can also sit with your back against the wall and use a pillow to support your lower back.
2. Press your tongue on the roof of your mouth. Squeeze your anal muscles, or perineum, and hold.
3. Breathe in. As you breathe in, first feel the energy come up from the base of your spine and up your spine. It should progress to the back of your head and around the top to the crown of your head. Keep your tongue pressed on the roof of the mouth, and make sure your anal muscles stay contracted.
4. As you breathe out, keep your tongue on the roof of your mouth.
5. Slowly, breathe out and make a hissing noise like a snake. Your facial muscles around your jaw and lips should be contracted, almost as if you are smiling, when breathing out.
Reference:How to Do the Cobra Breathing Exercise ehow.com
Ujjayi breath wikipedia.org
You must log in to post a comment.