8 Paths – by Master Chao Pi Chen: Basic body energy is based in the perineum between the legs, rising during refinement to the abdomen (Lower Dantien). This energy circulates in a network of 8 special channels. Follow the paths with the Mind visualising a stream of golden light, while listening to the resulting body sensations.
1. Inhale; lift energy up the spine from its base to the centre of the head.
2. Exhale; sink energy down the front of the body and return it to its base.
3. Inhale; up the lower-back, dividing at the belt then up to both shoulders.
4. Exhale; down the outer arms, along the middle fingers to the palms.
5. Inhale; lift energy up the inner arms to each side of the chest.
6. Exhale; down across the nipples, join at the waist and return to its base.
7. Inhale; lift energy up in the centre of the trunk to the solar plexus.
8. Exhale; drop it via the base, front of the legs and middle toes, to the soles.
9. Inhale; raise energy via rear of the legs and base to fill the abdomen.
10. Exhale; return the energy to its base, completing one round of 5 breaths.
Sharing the Light
The Personal Energy Field is centred in the area between the solar-plexus and the breastbone (Middle Dantien) rising, during the process of refinement, from the Lower Dantien.
Take 3 deep breaths. Each inhale lift the light from the abdomen to the solar plexus, and each exhale expand and intensify a cloud of golden light around the body. From the cloud of golden light centred on the solar plexus – intensified and harmonised by the 8 Paths – send the light to those you choose to help.
The Energy rises further during the process of refinement, from the solar plexus to the area of the pituitary gland in the centre of the head (Upper Dantien).
Inhale deeply lift the light from the solar plexus to the centre of the head, then exhale to expand and intensify a cloud of golden light around the head. With the intention of contacting your inner teacher (Guide), intensify the light taking the Mind deeper until the body and breath are lost in the light. Visualise a figure within the light and ask any question you may have, then rest quietly and listen for the response. Withdraw with thanks and return to the golden light centred in the head.
Breathe in deeply, then with a long out breath, return the light to its centre in the Middle Dantien.
Lost in the Light
Breathe deeply, each out breathe expand and intensify the cloud of golden light around the body, taking the Mind deeper until the Mind is lost in the light. Then forget the breathing, gradually allowing the Mind to drift deeper while maintaining awareness of the light. Then recapture the sensations of the body within the light: warmth and fullness at every point; the beating heart and resulting pulse that radiates out; the ringing inside the head that is always present when the Mind is silent. Rest in this strongly aware state: I am a field of light, warmth and awareness with a body inside it.
( by courtesy of patrickkellytaiji.com )