1. Stand with the feet shoulder-with apart. Bend the knees, pressing the sacrum down.
2. Position the arms as if they are encircling a tree; hold the thumbs up and relax the fingers, barely permitting them to touch. Relax the chest and hold the head erect.
3. Place the tongue on the palette. Practice abdominal breathing 9 or 18 times. Feel the sexual organs move up and down with the breath.
4. Inhale 10 percent to your navel, keeping the abdomen flat and pressing the diaphragm downward as you pull the sex organs up. Inhale and pull up the left and right side of the anus. Pack and wrap the chi at the kidneys, then collect energy at the navel.
5. Breathe into the lower abdomen, without spiraling. Breathe into the perineum and feel it bulge out.
6. Exhale through the back of the legs and the feet. Feel the palms and and soles breathing.
7. Suck energy from the Earth through K1, Bubbling Springs. “Claw” the ground with toes as you inhale and circle the energy 9 times counterclockwise at the Bubbling Springs (Kidney 1). The spirals on the soles of the feet move in the same direction.
8. Inhale, bringing the energy to the knees. Lock the knees; do not spiral at the knees.
9. Inhale up to the perineum; circle the energy there 9 times clockwise and 9 times counterclockwise. Feel the bulge at the perineum.
10. Exhale. Harmonize the breath and be aware of the soles and palms breathing.
11. Inhale and pull up the left and right sides of the anus, packing the back and kidneys.
12. Inhale up to the sacrum. Tilt the sacrum back, packing it. Circle the energy 9 times clockwise and 9 times counterclockwise. This will strengthen and activate the sacral pump.
13. Inhale to T11, inflating the kidney area. Press outward at T11, then spiral 9 times clockwise and 9 times counterclockwise.
14. Inhale to C7, pushing from from the sternum to tilt C7 back, straightening the curve at the neck.
15. Lock the neck by tucking in the chin. Circle the chi 9 times clockwise and 9 times counterclockwise.
16. Inhale to the Jade Pillow (C1), clench the teeth tight, and squeeze the skull and temple bones to strengthen and activate the cranial pump. Circle the energy here 9 times clockwise and 9 times counterclockwise.
17. Inhale to crown (pineal gland) and circle 9 times clockwise and 9 times counterclockwise. If you cannot go all the way up on one breath you can pass over the Jade Pillow, or you can take an extra breath where needed until your capacity increases.
18. Exhale with the tongue up to the palate.
19. Regulate the breath. Concentrate on the third eye until you feel the chi energy build up there. Bring the energy down to solar plexus and circle 9 times clockwise and 9 times counterclockwise. Bring the chi down to the navel. Stand still and maintain the position.
20. Press the soles to the ground. Discipline your mind to move the energy downward.
21. Feel energy flowing up from the ground. Circulate the energy for as long as you wish.
22. Practice Bone Breathing.
23. Practice the Power Exercise.
24. Stand up and bring the energy to the navel, putting your hands over the navel and bringing the feet together. Relax. Collect the energy in the navel area.
25. When you feel calm, walk around and brush the energy downward.
Reference: Iron Shirt Chi Kung by Mantak Chia
Summary: Embracing the Tree with Chi Condensing and Circulating p. 129-132